In compliance with Maine State Law, all dogs must be registered by December 31st of each year. Any dog(s) that is 6 months or older needs to be licensed. The licenses can be purchased at the Town Office during normal business hours.
A current rabies certificate will need to be presented at the time of licensing. If it is the first time licensing the dog and the dog is spayed or neutered a certificate from the veterinarian will need to be presented as well.
The fees for registering a dog are as follows:
$11.00 for non-neutered/spayed
$6.00 for neutered/spayed (with proper paperwork)
$25.00 late fee for dogs licensed after January 31st
To license your dog online please click here.
Trained dogs are exempt from fees if the following criteria is met:
· A trained guide dog(s) owned or kept by a visually impaired person or such a dog(s) awaiting training;
· A trained hearing dog(s) owned or kept by a hearing-impaired or such dog(s) awaiting training;
· A trained service dog(s) owned or kept by a physically impaired person or such dog(s) awaiting training;
· A trained search and rescue dog(s) recognized by the Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife or by the statewide association of search and rescue that cooperates with the Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife in developing standards for search and rescue or such a dog(s) awaiting training; and
· A dog(s) certified by the State and used for law enforcement purposes. Such dog(s) will need to be licensed following the same procedure as non-trained guide dog(s), but will be exempt from any fees.
The Town of Veazie Charter limits the number of dogs that are allowed in one household to three. For more information on this ordinance, contact the Town Office at 947-2781.